Re: [LAU] [alsa] pci device ordering

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 18:08:21 EEST

2011/6/22 Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> 2011/6/22 Tim Blechmann <tim@email-addr-hidden>:
>>>
>>> i have a machine with two pci devices of the same type. how can i ensure
>>> persistent device indices?
>>>

>> Doesn't specifying the pid (product id) work ?
>
> surely not if they are the same device? there needs to a mapping from
> a PCI bus slot to a device name.

Sounds convincing.

Tim, you could try to use the additional "id" option, instead of pid.
(I didn't try that myself so far.)
Assuming, the id is different, for each device, of course.
Is it ?

for example
  modinfo snd_ice1712
or
  modinfo -p snd_ice1712
tells me, that the parameter id is supported:

  parm: id:ID string for ICE1712 soundcard. (array of charp)

The options line would then look as
options snd-ice1712 index=1,2 id=0x0033,0x0044