Re: [LAU] msuci of the ages :-)

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 13:02:14 EEST

Excerpts from Julien Claassen's message of 2011-06-22 23:44:39 +0200:
> Hey Ralf!
> Do you have music online? I'd like to listen? Or do you to do it for
> survival? :-) Sorry, couldnt pass that one by. :-) Still I'd be interested to
> listen to something. I like pop music, if it's done well. Unfortunately I'm
> not too fond of the music of the last few years. It seems to get more melodic
> nowadays, but they have to return to those intricate and well balanced
> arrangements.

I've listened to "VIVA Supercharts" (VIVA germany) at a friends place
yesterday. It was really horrible. While I liked some mainstream pop
music a couple of years ago what they play now is truly horrible. Places
5-3 were what's apparently called 'dancehall music' which apparently
means it won't sound good below ear damaging loudness. Place 2 were the
German casting show winner and place 2 with a really cheesy pop song,
the kind you heard thousands of times before. Place one was a Lady Gaga
song, and while I liked some of her songs, this one was really nothing
special at all. It was really crap all over, seems like I'm not missing
out on anything without TV or Radio. /Rant