Re: [LAU] Is this the band Sky? Was: Text-based sound visualisation? Re: Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 52, Issue 32

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 13:46:22 EEST

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 11:33 +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Me Kong Delta

Wow, I'm an old school dino and like(d?) Me Kong Delta, but IMO it can't
be called fusion of classic and popular music, for me it's heavy metal
and I guess the last time I listened to Me Kong Delta was ... *wiki
search* ... The Music of Erich Zann (1988) ... wow, even my last
Skateboard is from 1989.

> do you have the talent and means in your repertoire to pull it off

I can't remember, but perhaps it were the guys from "The Accüsed" who
were completely untalented regarding to playing instruments and singing,
but they communicated emotions to the point. I might be mistaken, but
there was a well known 80's punk band, perhaps it was anther band. Punk
isn't my genre, but I like some 80's punk, also older punk, but I'm not
sure if the term punk is correct. E.g, what is the term for the music
the MC5 made? Hard rock? Or was it punk?

We give music genre names, but it's very hard to sort bands to a genre.
What kind of music did The Beatles play?

Beatnik stuff? Isn't Helter Scelter punk?

That reminds me to industrial music, e.g. Laibach's interpretation of
Across the Universe ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5mlb3Bjzs does
it sound like a typical industrial song?

Btw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWAPXWNthDg a satire to the words of
a queen song ... fascist? Are/were the musicians of the band Queen
fascist? I like this irony :D. Listening to the music I see Albert Speer
and others ;). This is communications, the composition and arrangement
is week, but it communicates an emotion.