[LAU] Where should lv2core put lv2.h?

From: Chuck Martin <v4o42wl02@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 24 2011 - 20:21:00 EEST

I installed lv2core a couple of months ago on a Slackware 13.1 system,
and I created my own SlackBuild script to compile and install it, which
configured waf with "--prefix=/usr --configdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib64
--mandir=/usr/man". This put a copy of lv2.h in /usr/include/, and
another copy in /usr/lib64/lv2/lv2core.lv2/. I also installed SLV2
with no problems.

Since lilv came out (along with a couple of other packages to replace
SLV2), I decided to install it. I installed serd and sord first, but
when I try to compile lilv, it bombs out because it can't find
lv2/lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core/lv2.h (presumably, this path would be appended
to /usr/include/ for the complete path), and I can't figure out any way
to get lv2.h there without just creating each directory in the path
myself and copying it there. There is no mention of that path anywhere
in the waf scripts. The only mention I can find of that path is in the
README and INSTALL files, both of which suggest that programmers use that
path in their build scripts to determine whether lv2core is installed.
Why is that being recommended when the lv2core scripts don't install it
there? Am I missing something? This is driving me crazy. Any help
in preserving my sanity would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

P.S. I've already tried putting this in my SlackBuild script:

  sed -i -e "s,lv2/lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core/,," wscript lilv/lilv.h

and that allows it to compile and install alright, but it means I'll
also have to do something similar to every other program that looks
for lv2.h in that location, and that doesn't seem to be a be a very
nice solution.