Re: [LAU] Gnome-shell | Unity

From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2011 - 19:40:19 EEST

On 06/25/2011 06:36 PM, david wrote:
> rosea grammostola wrote:
>
>> So guys, just upgrade Gnome2 to Gnome3? ... Is it true that both
>> Gnome-shell and Unity needs Pulseaudio?
>
> I don't know about that. I know that Gnome3 uses 1GB of memory ...

Wow! Yeah, the points that made us proud of Linux slowly seems to fade
away... :( These new Desktop developments doesn't seems to be good for
Linuxaudio users at all...

Btw do you know what KDE4 uses? One dev told that it would be lighter
then KDE3 when KDE4 was released.

My
> wife's new netbook has Ubuntu 11.04 on it, haven't noticed if it's using
> PA or not, but sound works.
Ok, Ubuntu uses Unity. Do you know how Unity compares to Gnome-shell
when it comes to system resources?

\r