[LAU] Made with Linux: be mean unto me, please

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sat Jun 25 2011 - 22:46:06 EEST

Hello everyone!
   The subject is not a command to give me hell, although you're welcome to do
so, if it is your wish. :-) Yet it's the title of my new song. A bit more
fusion this time, I suspect, more dynamic changes and some nice arrangements.
I can say that, since I'm not really responsible. It happened. Sometimes
you're in luck, stricken by the right idea at the right moment. :-)
   Here are the links:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/be_mean.ogg
http://juliencoder.de/nama/be_mean.mp3
   Or the website itself:
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
   the whole idea evolved from a small theme in a whole tone scale, that I had
earlier in the year. Then I forgot it, almost reinvented it early this week
and the rest fell in place around it. You might call it a rhapsody in prog.
   this time it's really a wobby art piece of music, since I wanted to finish
it tonight. I started yesterday evening. So please excuse a few mistakes,
which I would have corrected, if I had time. :-)
   Instruments used were Linuxsampler for drums, piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer and
Gigatron (thanks Q!). Beatrix as hammond organ, fluidsynth for the bass, the
Clavinet for the Clav :-) and the Nordlead for the analogue leads. I think
that's it.
   I recorded, mixed and mastered everything in Nama. Loads of ladspa plugins
were involved in that process and here's a thanks to all those LADSPA authors.
I think they can all take it, since most of them have earned it with this
piece. :-)
   \Also thanks to the list for loads of very good hints, that I've taken up.
this time I'm very fond of the snare and the Clav. finally found some good
settings, that I'll certainly save as presets. the bass drum needs more work,
I know, but I can't figure out, what to do with it. Perhaps another one or two
day session may be required to get it, where I want it. :-)
   Please give me your feedback, as long as it's nice or constructive or even
better both, I'm happy to hear it. :-)
   Absolutely un-meanly yours
             Julien

--------