[LAU] [ANN] Composite 0.006.2 Released

From: Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2011 - 20:50:30 EEST

I am pleased to announce the release of Composite 0.006.2. This is a
bug-fix release.

ABOUT
-----

Composite is (or, will be) a software application/system for
real-time, in-performance sequencing, sampling, and looping.
Currently the main feature is the LV2 Sampler that supports Hydrogen
drumkits.

CHANGES
-------

   * LV2 Sampler: Fix logic error with uri-map by passing
     the Event URI as the `map` parameter. This also works
     around crashes in slv2 and zynjacku (which is a bug on
     their part).

STATUS
------

Composite is a project with a large vision. Here is the status of the
different components:

     composite-gui: Alpha (i.e. "a broken version of Hydrogen")
     composite_sampler (LV2): production/stable, no GUI
     libTritium: Not a public API, yet.

LINKS
-----

     Composite: http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/
     Plugin Docs:
file:///home/gabriel/code/composite-planning/plugins/sampler/1
     Tarball:
http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/releases/composite-0.006.2.tar.bz2
     Git: http://gitorious.org/composite
                  git://gitorious.org/composite/composite.git

HOW TO USE THE PLUGIN
---------------------

To use the plugin, you need the following:

     * A program (host) that loads LV2 plugins.

     * A MIDI controller.

     * An audio output device. :-)

The following LV2 hosts are known to work with this plugin:

     Ingen http://drobilla.net/blog/software/ingen/
     ardour3 (alpha) http://ardour.org/
     lv2_jack_host http://drobilla.net/software/slv2/
     zynjacku http://home.gna.org/zynjacku/

If you don't have a hardware MIDI controller, I suggest using
jack-keyboard (http://jack-keyboard.sourceforge.net/).

The first time you run the sampler, it will create a file
~/.composite/data/presets/default.xml, which will set up presets on
Bank 0 for the two default drum kits (GMkit and TR808EmulationKit).
Sending MIDI PC 0 and PC 1 will switch between the two kits. See
composite_sampler(1) for more information on setting up presets.

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

With this release, I would especially like to thank:

     Alessio Treglia - For quickly packaging 0.006.1 and getting
     it into Debian sid.

     Benoit Delcour - For quickly testing and reporting this
     issue with the LV2 Sampler.

Peace,
Gabriel M. Beddingfield