Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 03 2011 - 05:59:08 EEST

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:45 AM, pshirkey wrote:

> This is the kind of feedback that we can only get when companies make the
> effort to use Linux tools as part of a solution.
>
> Chicken vs egg.

I still believe (what a naive person am I) that it's possible to come
up with reasonable business models around FOSS (fingers crossed for
MuseScore folks), but IMO part of the job is gettings contacts with
companies who do contracts with governments, and generally staying
tuned to what's happening around. That means quitting the dangerous
"I'm just a programmer" attitude. Monotechnics is hardly an excuse.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org