Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2011 - 15:06:30 EEST

On 4 August 2011 12:46, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:29 PM, James Morris wrote:
>
>> I always feel that half the purpose of these crusades to make Linux
>> more user-friendly, more appealing to the mass-market, desktop-ready,
>> etc, etc, is to stamp out the small projects created by hobbyists.
>
> Really? Well, *I* always thought that it was just another business model :)

Not sure what you mean by that.

>> They're too untidy when image is everything, and that's the real
>> reason you don't like Stallman,
>
> Isn't it cool that finally someone tells me why I dislike RMS? Without
> you I would just keep failing to pick up my brain and put it to a good
> use. You are my hero, mate!

I see you've removed my statement saying that these are only my
suspicions? Such a statement I hoped would suggest I was open to
seeing them dispelled, and/or I don't necessarily believe them to be
correct.

>> he has zero mass appeal, and is passionate about freedom
>
> Being passionate as OK as long as you don't behave like a dick.
> Freedom and small projects have very little to do with that.

That's very judgemental of you. I'm just trying to point out my
concerns. You don't seem to like my humour though, that's ok, not many
do.

> And no, I like small projects and support them whenever I can. Hell, I
> helped growing some of them into large projects.

Oh yeah, which ones?