Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2011 - 16:31:20 EEST

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> LOL. 'Usability architects' ? Is that what they call themselves today ?
> The bright types that decide that every application should have 'File',
> 'Edit' and 'View' menus even if that doesn't make any sense ? The ones
> who proclaim that inconsistencies and broken abstractions from popular
> apps should be copied into new ones because people like them ? Looks
> more like failed marketeers to me - those too do watch trends and
> fashion and base their 'thruth' on them.

A bit less generalization, and you'd have a point. Of course trolling
is so much more fun :)

http://blog.mmiworks.net/2010/11/rise-of-proper-integration.html

That's what _I_ call usability architects. Where your misplaced
understanding of the job comes from I can only wonder.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org