Re: [LAU] An appeal to famous artists?

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 06 2011 - 00:50:07 EEST

On 4 August 2011 14:25, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Like I said before, free software has many appealing aspects to me. A
> business model that imposes strong business and human ethics is one of
> them.

I've never thought of free software as a business model. In fact to me
one of the appealing things about it is that business models don't
have to come into it.

> I tend to strip bits of conversations to which I agree or think of
> them as of irrelevant ones. There a few things I dislike more than
> RMS, and lengthy uncut threads happen to be one of them.

Yes I certainly agree with you there. It's especially annoying
scrolling past a few hundred lines of quoted text just to be greeted
by a single line reply.

>>> Being passionate as OK as long as you don't behave like a dick.
>>> Freedom and small projects have very little to do with that.
>>
>> That's very judgemental of you.
>
> No, that's very observational of me. Try spending half an hour in same
> room with him when he knows you work for a company that has a "Linux"
> in the name, but not a "GNU", see him acting like an annoying
> fourty-something years old bearded child who didn't get a candy, then
> we talk :) I'm not even mentioning his ever-lasting feuds with Linus.

Ok, I did actually think you were talking about me being a dick! It's
been a while since I read anything much about RMS. He'd gained some
kind of mythical status in my head.

James.