Re: [LAU] [LAD] [ANN] WIP - Jass, a Jack Simple Sampler

From: Phil Hézaine <philippe.hezaine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 10:39:09 EEST

Le 11/08/2011 01:47, Florian Paul Schmidt a écrit :
> OK, here's version 0.1 of jass - jack simple sampler, the jack_session,
> ladish L1, jack_midi, libsndfile, and libsamplerate enabled sample
> player app :D
>
> http://shirkhan.dyndns.org/~tapas/jass-0.1.tgz
>
> Screeny:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/E2YDl.png
>
> Changes:
>
> * Multiple samples loading at once
> * Fixed Parameter GUI -> engine passing
> * Fixed Midi event handling
> * Fixed Polyphony
> * ADSR-envelope for gain
> * Overall gain per sample
> * File Save/Load Menu entries
> * Added lots of useless GUI elements that will only make sense when
> someone hacks the functionality
> * Added an unintuitive way to assign consecutive notes to consecutive
> samples (see Help->Help in Log)
> * Libsamplerate support
> * More stuff, I don't remember
>
> Note that this is still alpha software..
>
> Regards,
> Flo

Here no problems for compiling on Gentoo. Thanks.

>> TODO:
>>
>> - Add nice piano widget to set note ranges and central note..

May be a consensus about the numbering of channels would be wise at
least for Jack applications.
Either Channel 0 = Channel 1
    or Channel 1 = Channel 1 (like in JACK Keyboard. I used it for testing)
But it's an old story and all musicians are used to use this gymnastics.
Thanks again for this promising free software.

Phil.