Re: [LAU] [LAD] [ANN] WIP - Jass, a Jack Simple Sampler

From: Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 12 2011 - 11:14:12 EEST

On 08/12/2011 09:39 AM, Phil Hézaine wrote:

> Here no problems for compiling on Gentoo. Thanks.

Great..

>>> TODO:
>>>
>>> - Add nice piano widget to set note ranges and central note..
> May be a consensus about the numbering of channels would be wise at
> least for Jack applications.
> Either Channel 0 = Channel 1
> or Channel 1 = Channel 1 (like in JACK Keyboard. I used it for testing)
> But it's an old story and all musicians are used to use this gymnastics.
> Thanks again for this promising free software.

I'm a computer scientist, so of course I start counting at 0 :D There's
no doubt about it.. If someone else does it differently they are dead
wrong ;D And by implication this means that I'm right. Ah, feels good to
be right..

This is what Dijkstra has to say about it:

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/EWD/transcriptions/EWD08xx/EWD831.html

Drink lots of water,
Flo