Re: [LAU] Akai APC controllers - Experiences?

From: Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2011 - 17:26:09 EEST

On 08/21/2011 07:51 AM, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm currently thinking about getting a "grid" style controller,
> something to control a live performance. Looking at the options I see
> the Novation Launchpad
> <http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_controllers/launchpad>, Akai
> APC 20 <http://www.akaipro.com/apc20>, Akai APC 40
> <http://www.akaipro.com/apc40>.

Looking at the specs, looks like the APC 20 and APC 40 are class
compliant USB MIDI devices... and all such devices work with Linux.

The Novation does not look to be class compliant (links to drivers on
the page, etc.)... but I'm pretty sure I've seen a linux driver for it
in staging drivers. I can't speak to the quality of that driver, though.

-gabriel