Re: [LAU] Akai APC controllers - Experiences?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2011 - 18:22:10 EEST

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Looking at the specs, looks like the APC 20 and APC 40 are class compliant
> USB MIDI devices... and all such devices work with Linux.

From the AkaiPro site:
Communication: USB-MIDI with proprietary hardware/software handshake
I'm a little iffy on buying something like that without testing.. so I've
check the 2nd hand market around here and we'll see how we go

The Novation does not look to be class compliant (links to drivers on the
> page, etc.)... but I'm pretty sure I've seen a linux driver for it in
> staging drivers. I can't speak to the quality of that driver, though.

Yeah found that one: https://github.com/nightmorph/launchpad It seems
pretty neatly coded, and its been inactive for a long time.. suggesting its
just done & working :)

Cheers, -Harry