Re: [LAU] A good Sampler

From: <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 11 2011 - 16:46:52 EEST

I've had this coded up before, the problem is that if you want to "pitch
shift" each sample individually it really does become pretty heavy on the
CPU. Unless your not *dynamically* changing the value of the pitch shift,
in which case it can be rendered to a buffer & just played back.

I would share the source if it was in better condition, most of it is hacks
on hacks for extra random features... but I can zip it & ship it to
somebody if they'd care to take a look. A JACK client wrapper would need to
be coded up, its only the "sampler / pitch shifter" now.

> Best free library from timestretch I know of is the RubberBand one.
There is also SoundTouch, its LGPL even more relaxed than the GPL of
RubberBand. Its what I used for the project mentioned above.

Cheers, -Harry