Re: [LAU] Voice-to-drums in general and the Trigger LADSPA in particular

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 22:16:43 EEST

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 09:06:53PM +0200, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:

> I'm not sure you can do that with any tool 'out of the box' especially
> the "control their volume" part, as triggers usually have a 'binary'
> (on/off threshold). Of course (but that is probably obvious) being human
> voice monophonic you will have to do "a piece at a time"

If you need not only the timing but also to control volume
then it's unlikely this can be done without delay. The part
of the input that would contain usable information to control
volume would very probably come after the trigger, but to
play the sample you need both. The only solution then is to
delay the trigger. That means that simple solutions such as
the ladspa plugin can't do what you want.

Ciao,

--
FA