Re: [LAU] Voice-to-drums in general and the Trigger LADSPA in particular

From: Artem Vakhitov <temcat@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2011 - 22:42:05 EEST

On 22.09.2011 23:16, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> If you need not only the timing but also to control volume
> then it's unlikely this can be done without delay. The part
> of the input that would contain usable information to control
> volume would very probably come after the trigger, but to
> play the sample you need both. The only solution then is to
> delay the trigger. That means that simple solutions such as
> the ladspa plugin can't do what you want.

The thing is, I do not need to do that in any kind of real time. It
would be sufficient to feed a "beat box" .wav file at the input and get
the corresponding .wav or .mid file at the output. All digital
processing can be done fully off-line, so all timing and amplitude info
is there in advance.

Regards,
Artem