Re: [LAU] Linux news in the current KWR Newsletter

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 27 2011 - 23:39:08 EEST

Ah, sorry, answered to Paul only instead of using "reply to all", here is
what I should have replied to all:

<jostein@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In this week's newsletter, somewhere in the noise, it also says:
> > "Togu Audio Line Native Linux VST Plug-ins updated".
>
> i should probably note that thanks to the efforts of linuxdsp, ardour3
> now has nominal support for native VST plugins too.

Yes, I saw it on the Ardour home page (I think) :-).Native VST support
from Ardour and other hosts on my 64 bit system is exactly the thing that
will make me use VSTs, just as I mainly use LV2s now - and it will
improve the amount of high quality plugins dramatically.

I'm very grateful to you, LinuxDSP and every other actor (both
commercial, and non commercial) that do all this wonderful work. I really
don't know how I ever can pay you back.

Jostein