Re: [LAU] Linux news in the current KWR Newsletter

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 28 2011 - 11:35:40 EEST

On 09/27/2011 10:05 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> the engineering and license situation of the VST makes it a
> really, really poor choice for anyone who really wants to release good
> plugins on Linux.xaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user

I've been thinking about gettgin my feet wet with coding a plugin
(something along the lines of dblues glitch vst, for chopping up the
audio stream in rhytmic, stuttering and/or glitchy manners). Since I
almost exclusively use renoise I have the choise of ladspa and vst (and
dssi, but I believe that's for instruments, not processing plugins, right?).

To make it work smoothly I need to be able to sync the plugin to the
tempo of the host very tightly, both on beats, but also sub divisions.

I haven't gotten very far with my thoughts, just skimmed a few header
files here and there. Maybe you (or others on the list) could point me
in the best direction, ladspa, vst or possibly dssi?

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk