[LAU] NoiseMaker LV2 port

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 13 2011 - 11:38:35 EEST

TAL NoiseMaker, IMHO, is the best sounding, most fully featured and has the
best UI out of all the GPL softsynths - the problems being:

* Its not 100% free software yet as it depends on the VST SDK to be compiled

* The current Linux version either disconnects from JACK or just produces no
sound for a number of its presets

* I've been unable to get the Linux build to operate at any higher than
48Khz although it should work at 96Khz+ according to the author

I thought it time to check on here to see if anyone was thinking about or
has already started on porting NoiseMaker to LV2? It would be a superb boost
to LV2 and Linux Audio in general and would allow NoiseMaker to enter the
repositories of the popular distros.

I never heard back from Vember Audio re a lxvst port of Shortcircuit nor has
Kunitoki replied to me re getting HighLife lxvst to work so as it stands
Highlife is x86 32bit only ie if you can't get the plugin on the DiscoDSP
download page to work you're SOL right now. On top of that petri-foo dev has
been put on hold but that doesn't fulfil my requirements anyway as its not
an LV2. As a result I have been left with no other option than to look into
coding a simple LV2 sampler myself although this is currently at early
planning stages and means I finally have to bite the bullet and finally
actually learn the unlearnable monstrosity that is C++!

Before anyone pipes up - linuxsampler is NOT an option. LS and I have never
seen eye to eye nor have I ever got it working properly anyway. Its just a
complicated mess that won't load a simple wav.

Wish me luck!