Re: [LAU] Linuxsampler/qsampler usability and session portability

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 15 2011 - 13:25:34 EEST

> afaict, there's no dedicated .sfz editor app that i know of yet. maybe
> there are. you always have as last resort to edit one as plain text, taking
> care to obey to syntax and semantic rules (ok, sorry, this is just me
> thinking out loud, because i know this much about the .sfz spec:)
>
> and yes, there's a linuxsampler mailing-list and also a forum. also
> #linuxsampler on irc.freenode.net . i believe most of your worries are
> best answered by the sfz engine's author(s) hanging out there ;)

I think I vaguely remember someone posting a script to create sfz files to
this list but maybe that was to create Hydrogen files? Once I have got a
working sfz (I should've just downloaded a free one instead of trying to
make one myself first really) then it'd be easy enough for me to write a
script to automate the creation of sfzs but I'd still prefer to see such
functionality integrated into qsampler, gsampler or fantasia - my philosophy
being that if we want to stand a good chance of attracting non-unix geeks to
Linux audio then all common tasks should be achievable without any scripting
or cli voodoo.