Re: [LAU] Linuxsampler/qsampler usability and session portability

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 14 2011 - 19:14:35 EEST

On 10/14/2011 04:45 PM, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> however, linuxsampler as an engine does not provide any interface to
>> edit sample files be that .gig or .sfz . you edit those files
>> through an appropriate stand-alone application (eg. gigedit) and
>> then tell linuxsampler to load the product into its engine. that's it.
>

> Yes, I know what a front end and what LS does and I really don't think
> my request/suggestion was out of place. Far as I know gigedit just does
> that - edits gig files and has nothing to do with sfz. You need to
> realise I wasn't requesting anything like a full gigedit clone but for
> sfz, all I wanted was a most basic sfz creation feature that would
> simply let you pick files, assign them to notes or ranges and create a
> matching .sfz - thats all!

afaict, there's no dedicated .sfz editor app that i know of yet. maybe
there are. you always have as last resort to edit one as plain text,
taking care to obey to syntax and semantic rules (ok, sorry, this is
just me thinking out loud, because i know this much about the .sfz spec:)

and yes, there's a linuxsampler mailing-list and also a forum. also
#linuxsampler on irc.freenode.net . i believe most of your worries are
best answered by the sfz engine's author(s) hanging out there ;)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden