Re: [LAU] NoiseMaker LV2 port

From: Dan MacDonald <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 16 2011 - 13:52:56 EEST

I posted to this list a few days ago bemoaning a bunch of probs trying to
get the HighLife lxvst working under 64-bit - part of the problem being that
I didn't know where to find kRAkEn/gORe's source that was used to build the
plugin available on DiscoDSP's site as they failed to provide any link to
the source and I don't think they've really had much if anything to do with
the Linux port.

So, yesterday I was delighted to find the juced Linux VST repository which
includes kRAkEn/gORe/Kunitoki's Highlife source as well as the code for a
number of excellent looking synths such as Helix, Vex, nekobee and
drumsynth. I'm sure a number of you must've known about JUCED (certainly Mr
Phillips and falktx would've at least) so I don't know why nobody pointed me
towards:

http://code.google.com/p/juced/source/checkout

Kunitoki never replied to my mail and looking at the repo logs he hasn't
checked it any code in over 18 months now so I hope he's OK?

I did get a few of those plugins to compile but they didn't actually work
(not tried drumsynth yet). I had a bit more luck with Highlife yet it still
doesn't work properly. The menus are better behaved under the juced version
of Highlife compared to the distrho code where they appear hanging off the
bottom of the window but I still get the dreaded 'Unsupported Wave Chunk(s)'
error when trying to load a wav file.

falktx says he's going to look into this soon so one of us will let LAU know
as soon as its fixed. I personally can't wait to try Helix or Vex (a 3
oscillator synth) under Linux. I've heard very good things about Helix and
by the looks of things its gone commercial and now sells for $150 if I'm not
mistaken!