[LAU] integrating linux+osx boxes?

From: shane richards <shanerich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 03:29:30 EEST

I have scored a gig doing music for a feature film.

 They want us to use "...the same software that was used for the submission..." - yay for Linux audio!

 Now, my singer has a shiny new mac laptop. I have a linux based laptop and a linux tower will be added on commencement of the job. We want to have a common application stack, and hook everything up with netjack.

 On my box I'm using latest dev sources, which I will freeze:

 Jack2
 Qjackcontrol
 js_wrap
 Ardour2 (Hopefully purchase Mixbus for the project)
 Rosegarden (scoring)
 QTractor (sequencing, instrument host)
 Hydrogen
 Xjadeo
 ladspa/dssi/lv2/vst (win)

 What are the options here on the mac side?
 Using netjack on the mac ... how? Is there a gui?
 Is there any kind of session support on the mac or am I better off using shell scripts?

 I have exactly zero experience with macs, it's all new. I do not want to use sources.

Shane Richards
Producer, Composer, Multi-instrumentalist
Josh Music
shanerich@email-addr-hidden
www.josh.com.co
www.shanerichardsmusic.com