Re: [LAU] integrating linux+osx boxes?

From: shane richards <shanerich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 23:40:40 EEST

Thankyou for the tip.

> shell-scripts can be copied easily over to other systems or OS. I don't
> know if you can migrate [jack-]sessions to/from OSX.

It seems that you can't - even between different session hosts on linux. :(

> Personally I prefer a shell-script in the work-folder to a session-dir
> in my $HOME, YMMV.

Couldn't agree more. I store everything related to a project together. Sometimes even binaries and plugins. You're mad if you don't. "Stark-raving-lunatic-asking-to-lose-data-at-the-most-inconvenient-moment". Been there.

Thanks for the detailed reponse, btw. I figured qtractor wouldn't be there, but that leaves me with the problem of Rosegarden. Or at least a cross-platform notation/MIDI/sequencing headache. I'll ask on the rg list.

Shane Richards
Producer, Composer, Multi-instrumentalist
Josh Music
shanerich@email-addr-hidden
www.josh.com.co
www.shanerichardsmusic.com