Re: [LAU] A new track made in Neil tracker

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2011 - 21:04:09 EEST

Hello Vytautas!
   I've just listened to your track. I like the overall atmosphere and basic
harmonies of the piece.
   I do like the drums. The bass drum has a nice kick and oomph to it. The clap
sound took some getting used to, but it too has something. I wonder, how do
you do all those drum effects. I suspect, that Neil Tracker and Renoise - as
used by Atte - have similar approaches. Is it partly based on turntable
effects?
   Well two minor criticisms: The drum section before the intermission around
2:15min sounds a little too busy in a repetetive way. It's so out of character
for the rest of the piece. But it didn't do any harm to my listening
experience.
   the other minor issue is one of melody. Around 1:38min you bring in a
mixture of arpeggio/melody sound on the right side. Between the chord
movements it depicts a melody, which would have been even more memorable, if
you hadn't gone up so high, after the lowest melodic note. It's probably not
very clearly expressed. But that too didn't bother me much. I just noticed and
thought it would have been nice to have a more distinctively melodic layer to
the mix at that point.
   It's a nice electronic track. Well balanced between harmony, melody and
rhythmic breakouts. I do like it!
   Warm regards
              Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;