Re: [LAU] Something New From Me

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 18 2011 - 20:11:50 EEST

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:52:15PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> Developing my combined synth and guitar style.
>
> Please try not to fall asleep :)
Well, actually, you shouldn't under-rate it, since that's precisely
where one of your strengths lies. Almost everything you create is
soothing. In fact, when I tire of the regular round of bedtime music for
my kids, I change pace by using some of your compositions, and it works
well.

Julien had a few points, especially about the bass hardly coming through
at all. Also, the rhythm guitar sounds "naked and forlorn" and I find
myself itching to reach out and slap a big fat stereo chorus on it. :)
The brass didn't bother me though.

Keep it up.

Cheers,
S.M.