Re: [LAU] Top DSP plugins?

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 23:03:50 EEST

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 08:27:55PM -1000, david wrote:
> Portable studio. Why should they worry about having large monitors
> or an acoustically known room? Their audience won't be listening on
> that kind of equipment or that kind of room. They'll probably be
> listening on earphones, possibly at the back of a bus with the sound
> cranked up so they can hear it over the bus engine ...
True. Listening to people (older than I am), it used to be people would proof
mixes through car radio systems and ghetto blasters, figuring it was the
"worst" the tracks could be subjected to. Today, I think you're suicidal
if you don't proof your mixes on a MP3 player and earbuds combination.
In fact, I use my bluetooth stereo headset and mobile, figuring you
can't get much worse...

Cheers,
S.M.