Re: [LAU] Top DSP plugins?

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 23:06:51 EEST

> Who needs mics?
Well,,, maybe singers, sax players, or anyone who can't provide a jack
output...
> Last Wednesday at Starbucks, I saw two college age guys sharing a
> table. Each had a laptop in front of him. One had a Les Paul, the
> other some other electric guitar. Each instrument was plugged into
> some external audio device that was plugged into his laptop. Each had
> headphones on. Each was playing and recording, replaying, etc, etc.
> After a while, they packed up their guitars and computers and left.
Wow ! 2 guitar players at the same table, and they're not jamming together ?

> Portable studio. Why should they worry about having large monitors or
> an acoustically known room?
Hum, IIRC it was about mastering songs like Bob Ludwig does ?
> Their audience won't be listening on that kind of equipment or that
> kind of room. They'll probably be listening on earphones, possibly at
> the back of a bus with the sound cranked up so they can hear it over
> the bus engine ...
Don't see any offense, but playing for friends and try to enjoy masses
with your art are 2 differents sides of the pleasure with music, OTOH it
is a place where you can have a good result without big money, this
place called FLOSS !