Re: [LAU] New music, made with Ardour 3

From: S. Massy <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 21 2011 - 02:29:29 EEST

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:22:50AM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just finished my first track that makes extensive use of Ardour
> 3's MIDI features. I definitely put it through its paces -- there's
> MIDI CC automation, plugin and fader automation, and synths of all
> varieties (hardware, external JACK software, and LV2 and VST
> plugins):
>
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.ogg
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.mp3
> http://wootangent.net/~lsd/music/releases/texel/texel.flac
I very much like the mood of this piece, and, as someone else said, it
could be longer... Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues with high
frequencies to my ears caused by all the sweeping filters and the drum
processing which makes it grating and spoils the mood. :( Hopefully,
it's just some idiosyncrasy of my hardware or wetware (ears) and others
will not be affected, because this piece is otherwise very good.

Cheers,
S.M.