Re: [LAU] New music, made with Ardour 3

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 22 2011 - 11:48:04 EEST

On 21/10/11 10:29 AM, S. Massy wrote:
> I very much like the mood of this piece, and, as someone else said, it
> could be longer... Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues with high
> frequencies to my ears caused by all the sweeping filters and the drum
> processing which makes it grating and spoils the mood. :( Hopefully,
> it's just some idiosyncrasy of my hardware or wetware (ears) and others
> will not be affected, because this piece is otherwise very good.

Thanks for the feedback -- the glitchyness of the drums is deliberate,
of course, but I wonder if there's a way to smooth out the higher
frequencies a bit. I've heard people say that bouncing to some good
quality tape has various magical qualities, including smoothing out high
frequency transients in general, but I tend to be suspicious of such
claims :)

I may revisit this mix in a while; if I do, I'll see what I can do with
some EQ to smooth things out.

Thanks
Leigh