Re: [LAU] Looking for Audio Watermarking Advice & Tools

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 24 2011 - 15:50:00 EEST

On 10/23/2011 10:09 PM, Jeremy Salwen wrote:

> Hmm... it seems to me that if the watermark does not cause audible
> distortion, then shouldn't there be a simple algorithm to remove the
> watermark: namely, to watermark the same file again with different
> information?

I've never been interested in doing this, but I can't believe that you
can hide date in an audio file and it NOT cause some
distortion/artifacts, and still play in a standard MP3/WAV audio program.

--
---
My website is down. I had a motherboard failure on that computer!! (ugh)

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]