Re: [LAU] Open Sound Interface project beginnings

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 25 2011 - 22:41:01 EEST

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:54:46 -0500
Charles Henry <czhenry@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, list
>
> I'm interested in getting feedback for a project, namely building an
> audio interface, with the goal of creating freely available schematics
> and code required. Hence, an Open Sound Interface.

Hi, I find this idea remarkable. I'm not able to contribute on the
technical parts, but I just wanted to signal you something I found out
some time ago:

http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cernohl/wiki/CernOhlProjects

basically, from what I understand, at CERN in Switzerland they
developed a license for open source hardware ("The CERN–OHL is to
hardware what the General Public Licence (GPL) is to software"), and
they're working on several pieces of hardware under this license. If
you go in the "Projects" section, you can see there are some ADCs and
DACs, so maybe you can find some useful stuff for your project :)

cheers and good luck,
renato