Re: [LAU] RT in Arch Linux

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 22 2011 - 01:04:51 EET

Excerpts from Bernardo Barros's message of 2011-11-21 23:30:26 +0100:
> I think I found it. You added this line, right?
>
> $ /etc/pam.d/su
> session required pam_limits.so

No, I didn't do anything there, it just works. Here's my version of this file anyway.

#%PAM-1.0
auth sufficient pam_rootok.so
# Uncomment the following line to implicitly trust users in the "wheel" group.
#auth sufficient pam_wheel.so trust use_uid
# Uncomment the following line to require a user to be in the "wheel" group.
#auth required pam_wheel.so use_uid
auth required pam_unix.so
account required pam_unix.so
session required pam_unix.so

Also, my .xinitrc doesn't contain anything related to PAM, permissions
or anything like that. I don't know why any of that would be needed. The
only pam related changes I made were in /etc/security/limits.conf and I
added my user to the audio group, but that's normal procedure.
Now that I read https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_for_Users
I start to wonder myself.. maybe I made some change a couple of years
ago that makes it work and I simply forgot about it. No idea whether pam
is running or whatever it does, it stayed out of my way and jack works
as expected.

A quick search led me to ... the pam manpage, which kind of suggests that
login uses pam: http://linux.die.net/man/8/pam.d

Did I miss something?

Regards,
Philipp