Re: [LAU] [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2011 - 12:28:57 EET

On 30/11/11 21:29, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:48:01PM +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
>
>>[...]
>
>> As for restaurants, I wish they did not play it at all =)
>
> I agree. Or at least keep it at low level. I created a near incident
> a few weeks ago

I remember a few years ago we went to this 'traditional country' pub in
England for a family gathering: they put us in a kind of separated area
as there were quite a few of us... No one would expect they would pump
trashy commercial radio at a volume which hardly enabled us to talk... I
politely asked them to turn the volume down, which they politely refused
to do. Solution: I got on a chair and physically disconnected the two
(enormous) speakers above our head. We had a pleasant, *quite*, meal.
When we left I was tempted to leave the things disconnected to the
benefit of the next customers, but it was a family gathering and I had
to maintain my 'good boy' reputation :)

Lorenzo.