Re: [LAU] [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Dec 01 2011 - 14:35:27 EET

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Julien Claassen [mailto:julien@email-addr-hidden]
Gesendet: Do 12/1/2011 13:15
An: Ralf Mardorf
Cc: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden; linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Betreff: Re: [LAU] [slightly OT] Musical citation (what is allowed?)

Hello Ralf!
   Well I think I'll quote from the main theme and it's important to quote from
THIS PIECE and hopefully make it recogniseable, if short. So I do go the
official channel. But I'm not too worried. We'll see, otherwise I'll have to
think of something else. :-)
   Kind regards
             Julien

For sure you don't quote a mainstream, millenium moneymaker, but a musician. Quotation is wanted. Some dinos became musicians, because there parents (at least one of them was/) were moneymakers ;). Generalisation? NO! Just brutal truth ;).

Since I know you from off-list discussions, I'll put my shirt on you "heißt hoffentlich das ich "meine Hand für Dich ins Feuer legen kann"", that you don't have "evil designs".

Regarding to vanity I re-composed songs I wrote, that make me feel, that I might have stolen an idea. The term for doing this is "obsessional neurosis". Hehehe, I like obsession, I like ethics, BUT DON'T CARE ABOUT QUOTATION. Just a thought! Is it possible to get in contact with the composer? If not, are you planing world domination? Music, is music, is music ;).

You are allowed to do what's good for music. No artist cares about the written laws. Ethic is the only rule. C'mon you aren't anti-ethically. Don't waste your time with this thought, I did much to often and rewrote songs ... stupid me!!!