[LAU] Granting user access to alsa->jack plugin

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2011 - 20:42:07 EET

Hello everyone!
   There ave been countless threads - or shall I say threats? :-) - about this
question of permissions, but I can't figure it out.
   I start my jackd as root. I have a user, which is in the group audio,
perhaps that matters. I've had another look at limits.conf, but can't figure a
good way to adapt it. I know, this somehow comes into it.
   I thought, I'd just store a .asoundrc for my user telling it to use the
jack-plugin of ALSA. It doesn't work. If I run aplay -L or aply -l I only get
the hardware card or some other pure and REAL alsa devices and null.
   So what is the point, that I'm missing?
   Any help on this is appreciated. I'm afraid, my system isn't set up by the
distro, when it comes to audio. It's all self compiled and a lot of it has
never been installed from packages. So no typical configs are there. I'm
running a debian Squeeze, if that could help.
   Warm regards
              Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======