Re: [LAU] Granting user access to alsa->jack plugin

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2011 - 22:00:03 EET

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 07:42:07PM +0100, Julien Claassen wrote:

> I start my jackd as root. I have a user, which is in the group audio,
> perhaps that matters. I've had another look at limits.conf, but can't
> figure a good way to adapt it. I know, this somehow comes into it.

Don't run Jack as root. This requires all Jack apps to run as root
as well, probably including the one using the Alsa to Jack plugin.

* Make sure your are in the audio group.
* In limits.conf you need something like

@audio - rtprio 95
@audio - memlock 500000

You need to logout + login after making any changes to this.
Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.