[LAU] No duplex mode with the EHCI driver and USB hub. Is the problem solved?

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 09 2011 - 23:09:49 EET

> A few days ago in the alsa users mailing list, Clemens pointed to a
> recent patch for the EHCI driver [1] [2] for solving the following problem:
>
> The current TT scheduling doesn't allow to play and then record on a
> full-speed device connected to a high speed hub.
>
> In connection with this, there was a discussion here some months ago
> [3]. Some users said that they were not able to get jack working in
> duplex mode . I also tried to prepare my sister's notebook with a UA25EX
> and duplex did not work either. I encountered the same problem in the
> laptop of a friend of mine. In both cases, the computers have an Intel 5
> Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 controller. Jack always says "broken
> pipe".
>
> I have not tried the patch yet but it seems to work if you read the

Hi Pablo,

Apparently, it works!
I have the exact same USB port 'Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series
Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)'

and I never managed to run the UA-25Ex in full duplex until...today
for the first time!
(please note that I was using this patch as well
https://gist.github.com/1168715 for another
USB soundcard, but I believe now this is not what fixed the problem).

Aurélien