Re: [LAU] [LAD] gxtuner-1.5 released

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Fri Dec 09 2011 - 23:29:11 EET

Am Freitag, den 09.12.2011, 21:26 +0100 schrieb Jostein Chr. Andersen:
> Hi Hermann
>
> Reply to All / Reply to List
> On Friday 09 December 2011 16.30.24 hermann wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 09.12.2011, 15:42 +0100 schrieb Jostein Chr.
> Andersen:
> ..
> > Thanks for your comment, . . .
> > but it leads me to the conclusion that you didn't have try gxtuner.
>
> On a guitar with an ordinary nut, the distance between the nut and
> the
> first fret is in general to big, this situation is better with
> guitars
> with a zero fret. So if you tune every string (open in EADGBE) with a
> tuner on a guitar without a zero fret, then it will be wrong already
> on
> the first fret, all the notes on that fret will be slightly to sharp
> if
> the guitar is intonated correctly on the 12th fret. And most of the
> other
> notes will be out of tune, som to sharp and other to flat. I'm not
> aware
> of a tuner that takes this under consideration.

I tune one string to a reference pitch (or a tuner), and tune the other
strings in relation to the tuned string (without a tuner). That is done
then by hearing.
I guess that is what most guitarists do.
Therefore gxtuner could be a helpful tool.

gxtuner isn't mean to break physical law.

greats
hermann