Re: [LAU] Good audio interface for GNU/Linux?

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 06:02:37 EET

On 12/11/2011 10:54 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Otherwise get a hammerfall or delta10/10 and be done with it. They are
> well tested and have proven stability. You may be able to pick one up
> cheaply second hand.

I'd feel fairly comfortable with multiple in/outs with an LT1010. I'd
be more concerned with his apparent need to have multiple, independent
chains of guitar/bass effects/modelling with some attempt at low
latency. I think the odds of having low enough latency for simultaneous
drum processing is pretty slim.

I think a better solution would be three PCs, each running their own
instances of guitar effects programs, and running the outputs of those
PCs through a multiple headphone amp such as a Rolls or similar.