Re: [LAU] Good audio interface for GNU/Linux?

From: tizo <tizone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2011 - 07:04:42 EET

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 2:02 AM, Al Thompson <althompson58@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 10:54 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>
>> Otherwise get a hammerfall or delta10/10 and be done with it. They are
>> well tested and have proven stability. You may be able to pick one up
>> cheaply second hand.
>
> I'd feel fairly comfortable with multiple in/outs with an LT1010.  I'd
> be more concerned with his apparent need to have multiple, independent
> chains of guitar/bass effects/modelling with some attempt at low
> latency.  I think the odds of having low enough latency for simultaneous
> drum processing is pretty slim.
>
> I think a better solution would be three PCs, each running their own
> instances of guitar effects programs, and running the outputs of those
> PCs through a multiple headphone amp such as a Rolls or similar.

Patrick, Al, thanks for your help.

If we choose the headphone amp solution, we would still need an
instrument input for each laptop/PC (for bass and guitar). Would you
recommend using a PCI one for this or an USB one should be enough?.
Which one?. Would it be possible to use the mic input of our cheap
sound cards from our laptops to connect those instruments?

Thanks again.