Re: [LAU] Rosegarden -> lilypond help

From: Bob van der Poel <bob@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 16 2011 - 19:46:13 EET

Hi Gene (assuming you're my old Tandy Color Computer Friend) ...

> Thanks, got it and installed it, makes me ask WTH is:
>
> 0 TimeSig 4/4 24 8

The last field here is the number of midi ticks per quarter note. My
program MMA generates this as 192 (ticks per "beat"). Others use 384.
I'd try changing this and see what happens.

With this and the BperQ value you can determine the tempo in Beats per
minute. But right now I forget the exact way :) In my programs a tempo
of 120 BPM has a value here of 500000.

In MMA this value is determined by taking the desired beats per minute
(BPM) and dividing that into 6000000. Problem right now is remembering
how i got the 6,000,000 value :)

> 0 Arb f8

If you look at the source for MF2M or midicomp this is generated by an
"arbitrary length" data message. I've never run into one in my stuff.
If you need to I can dig in some of my manuals and see if I can find
more ... but I'd guess it's some kind of junk.

> 2 Arb f8
> 4 Arb f8

HTH, Bob.

--