Re: [LAU] qjackctl and ubuntu 11.10 unity

From: Ralf Madorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2011 - 14:26:45 EET

> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 23:18:09 +0000
> From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] qjackctl and ubuntu 11.10 unity
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
>
> On 12/26/2011 07:29 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > I guess this is primarily aimed at Rui although anyone is more than
> welcome to chime in:
> >
> > Any plans on providing tighter integration of qjackctl and Ubuntu
> Unity? It appears right now on a 64-bit system systray icon when
> clicked does not offer any menu items (is this a side-effect of
> Ubuntu-ized version of QjackCtl?). It also does not always succeed at
> posting an icon in the left-hand menu (might be another Ubuntu-ism).
> >

> can't say a thing worth of help here. i've never touched unity in my
> whole life and have no plans to, sorry :(
>
> i guess someone else has to chime in

Q regarding to Rui's apps is for Qt. Qt apps are fine with (KDE ;) but
even with) GNOME. No Linux audio user seriously will use GNOME3 or
Unity. IMO Linux audio has become pro-audio, but nowadays the
surroundings, such as a DE, become unusable for pro-audio.

Keep in mind that the first "law" of pro-audio is to be work flow
compatible, in an idiot proof kind. Every professional audio engineer
will be able to use any app, from any OS, at any studio.

Exotic, fashion DEs, abstruse session handling etc. are grotesque,
non-pro-audio.

:(

Ralf