Re: [LAU] qjackctl and ubuntu 11.10 unity

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 06:05:03 EET

On 27/12/11 11:26 PM, Ralf Madorf wrote:

> Q regarding to Rui's apps is for Qt. Qt apps are fine with (KDE ;) but
> even with) GNOME. No Linux audio user seriously will use GNOME3 or
> Unity. IMO Linux audio has become pro-audio, but nowadays the
> surroundings, such as a DE, become unusable for pro-audio.

Unusable how? Perhaps I don't meet your definition of a pro-audio Linux
user, but GNOME 3 works well for me and my music work. The overview
display makes it easy to jump between windows with the mouse, and
otherwise, it does a great job of keeping out of my way, giving me
maximum space for the various apps that I'm using.

Thanks
Leigh