Re: [LAU] mackie onyx blackjack

From: Peter Crighton <petecrighton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 28 2011 - 16:43:43 EET

So I got the Blackjack for Christmas and it works flawlessly with JACK
(playback tested in Ardour and Audacity, I haven't tested recording
yet). In Audacity ALSA playback works without problems as well, but it
doesn't work with Phonon, it seems. I can't get sound out of VLC,
Amarok and the like, it just falls back to my internal soundcard. I am
using KDE on Arch Linux with the recent 3.1.5 kernel – any ideas
somebody how to fix that?

But apart from that I must say that I am impressed and glad that the
Blackjack works out of the box with JACK, that's the important thing
after all. Can't wait to test recording when I am back at my home.

Thanks, drz, for letting us know that the device works. I think I will
have some wonderful time with it. And funnily I also had cast an eye
on the Rode NT-1A microphone, so that will be my next investment.

--
Peter Crighton | (mainly) Progressive Rock musician based in
Mainz/Wiesbaden, Germany