Re: [LAU] software for aiding piano practice?

From: Csillag Kristof <csillag.kristof@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2012 - 19:39:42 EET

>> There's PianoBooster
> Thank you for the tip, I will check it out.
I have tried it.

It comes pretty close to what I wanted, except that

  - It does not have JACK midi connectivity (although I guess that can
be worked around by a2jmidi or similar stuff)

  - The handling of different MIDI tracks could be more sophisticated.
(For example, sending the different tracks towards different midi synth
modules does not seem to be supported - but I guess that can be worked
around, too.)

  - The detection of left-hand and right-hand is not really robust, and
there is no way to correct in on the fly. Also, I can not find a way to
simultaneously select more than one tracks. Therefore, the results
strongly depend on the exact preparation of the input MIDI file.

All in all, I thing I can make this useful, but it needs some work.

Thank you for the hint again:

      Kristof