Re: [LAU] Neophyte questions re: selecting an audio interface

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 07 2012 - 04:04:19 EET

Paul was this a discrete video card I take it? My experience has been that
you can get noise picked up in the card before the AD/DA step by picking up
interference from the video card itself, especially if the two are placed
right near each other in the computer, however if you are careful about
placement you are usually fine(For instance my RME HDSP9632 is currently
fine in my new box, because my video card is a fair amount away from it,
but in a previous box these same two cards were much closer
together(Initially right next to each otehr till I realized what was
happening) and interference would happen.

    Seablade