Re: [LAU] droning066 and droning071

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 10:54:32 EET

Yeah, when I decided to get around communities, dedicated to drone music, I
was disappointed to see that 90% of what
the communitites I went to understood by droning was that brutal guitar
noise. It's when you want to get away from all that
beer and rock music and suddenly find that by "drone" they mean... beer and
rock music!
I do enjoy some of the guitar droning though, it is a rather "tasty" sound
sometimes.

However, Steve Roach is as known as "drone". I just do "ambient drone".

As for the "droning" project itself, its one project I am not willing to
"market", if you know what I mean. I think to some people
its value will be evident, but to many - not, no matter how I call it.

I've written a little bit about the idea of the project here:
http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=mtheory&a=mtheory_droning

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On 15 January 2012 07:24, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Negative way? How come? I love drone music. And there are many people who
>> do.
>> Including absolutely minimalistic stuff.
>>

> I do love both genres, but droning might be more connected to more brutal
> sounds like sunnO))) and the like, while the two songs of yours I heard so
> far could maybe benefit from being termed ambient. I'm guessing that's what
> he's getting at. Two sides of the same coin though, I don't see anything
> wrong with calling it droning, when that's exactly what it is :)

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/